Joel Spitzer is a diverse litigator. His diverse practice includes the representation of plaintiffs in personal injury matters, representation of insurance carriers, third-party investigator for workplace complaints, family law matters, criminal defense matters, and education matters. He has extensive experience defending clients in serious legal matters as well as being a diligent advocate for plaintiffs. His cases have included disputes in negligence, gross negligence, professional malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, defamation, criminal defense, family law, and education matters that include section 504 and IDEA disputes.
Client engagement is central to litigation, and Joel is committed to maintaining a high level of communication. He takes the time to truly involve the client and incorporate their goals, values, concerns, and feedback. Joel manages the relationship transparently so that his clients can see how their interests are being served at every stage of the litigation process. He collaborates with clients so they can provide valuable input to ensure that the legal strategy accounts for results.
Joel came into law through his time as a teacher and high school administrator. His passion for advocating for his clients was born from witnessing injustices against common people, including himself. He fought his way out of poverty as a child to earn four bachelor’s degrees, a master’s degree, a Juris Doctorate, and a Ph.D. It is this same tenacity that drove Joel out of poverty that he will bring to your matter.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Domestic Issues
- Education Law - Protecting The Rights of School Children and Their Educators
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Personal Injury
- Professional Licenses Including Nurse’s Licenses
- University of Dayton School of Law // Juris Doctor
- University of Dayton School of Education // Ph.D.
- Wright State University // M.Ed. // Major Education Administration
- The Ohio State University // B.A. // Major Sociology // Major Criminology // Major Political Science // Major History